Loita believes that Africa’s financial institutions offer some of the greatest unlocked value on the continent. Accordingly, Loita has entered into technical management agreements with several banks wherein Loita seconds a number of its professionals to a full-time management team in operations, treasury, credit and marketing and financial control. The banks concerned enjoy not only the direct benefits of the senior management team on the ground, but also the skills and support of Loita personnel across its enterprises, which we believe promotes pan-African cross-fertilization and greater value across the Loita group.
What we do
In every bank with which Loita partners, we aim to:
- Perform a thorough due diligence exercise and set performance targets accordingly
- Advise on the optimal operational structure and personnel management
- Introduce new investment banking products into historically commercial banks
- Maintain a superior cadre of local staff and provide the expertise of our international staff to the bank’s optimal profitability
- Mobilize new deposits and foster long-term client relationships
In terms of BMS, Loita has been involved in the successful establishment, management and or restructuring of a number of companies in Ghana, Rwanda, South Africa, Malawi and Zambia.
Loita was appointed as the sole African strategic marketing partner for Republic National Bank of New York and in 2001 Loita as Lloyds TSB Bank’s Africa-wide representative. Through these relationships, Loita was able to structure correspondent relationships and lines of credit supporting numerous banks and financial institutions in the COMESA region.