Loita has focused its efforts on providing up-to-date, concise and accurate information and services on the global business and financial services sectors in Mauritius over the past years to its clients. Loita's breadth of involvement throughout Africa with multinationals, corporate investors and individuals on an on going basis provides Loita's resources with an in-depth knowledge base platform.
Loita Management Services (LMS) offers advisory and administrative services in the Global Business, Trust & Financial Sectors to international world-class organisations and individual investors wishing to establish a presence in or related to Mauritius. It leverages on its experience gained in numerous industries in countries spanning the globe to offer a customised and responsive service to its clients. LMS services clients with regional headquarters in Mauritius doing business in Africa to businesses with operations throughout the continent as well as Europe.
Additionally, Loita currently has offices operating in Mauritius, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe and continues to service clients in Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Liberia, Libya, Mozambique, Namibia, Tunisia, Tanzania and Rwanda as well as various European and Asian countries.
Loita Management Services specialises in providing services to clients originating from or engaged in business into Africa.
Products and Services
An array of products offered at Loita include:
- Consultancy services
- Investment Holdings
- Operational headquarters
- Employment Services
- Financial Services
- Asset Management
- ICT Services
- Fund Management, including pension funds
- Aircraft financing and leasing
- Other such business as approved by the FSC
- Company incorporation and administration of both domestic and global business entities
- Corporate Trustee services and administration for trusts, hybrid trusts and foundations
- Accounting, Banking and Corporate Secretarial Services
- Tax advice & planning Administration and advice of domestic residency, relocation and domestic real estate investments
- Provision of accounting and administration services Monthly or quarterly management accounts if required
- NAV Calculations, Shareholders & Directors Registers, Custodianship,
- Preparation of Performance Reports
- Filing of changes in shareholding, directorship, auditors, registered office details, mortgages, fixed & floating charges, as required Preparation of Annual Returns
- Preparation of VAT and Tax Deducted at Source, Treaty and non-treaty based tax planning,
- Application for advance Tax Rulings in Mauritius Preparation of Board & Shareholders Meetings, minutes resolutions and attendance
Mauritius and the Global Business Financial Services Sector
The offshore; now known as the global business sector in Mauritius commenced operations in 1992 and currently is home to more than 16,000 companies and trusts and collective investment schemes with more than 20 banks (more than 10 international) offering services to both the local and offshore sectors. The Financial Services Commission, established in 2001, is responsible for licensing and regulation of non-banking financial services including insurance, the Mauritius stock exchange and the newly formed GBOT (Global Board of Trade), the first international multi-asset class exchange from Mauritius.
As a strategic global business financial services centre, Mauritius offers:
- Bilingual population(English and French)
- Legal system based on English and French law
- The Privy Council Judicial Committee in the UK as the final court of appeal
- International-standard Stock Exchange
- International multi-asset class exchange
- International banking with no exchange control
- Excellent telecommunications digital network with connection to SAFE cable
- Privacy regulated and governed by the Financial Services Act of '07
Mauritius is a member of SADC, COMESA and IOR-AR, signatory of the LOME convention and AGOA, an active promoter and adherent to various IPPA's and an active co-operator with OECD, FATF and the UN.
Taxation in the global business of Mauritius offers the following benefits:
- Double Taxation Treaties with more than 33 countries
- Attractive taxes within the offshore sector where the effective rate of 3%or lower is applied using the mechanism of presumed foreign tax credit of 80% on foreign source income
- Exemption with respect to withholding tax on dividends paid out of income from approved global business activities
- Exemption on withholding tax on interest payable on dividends & royalties on payments from Mauritius
- Exemption with respect to Capital Gains & Inheritance Tax and Estate Duties
- Full exemption from tax for offshore companies incorporated as Category 2 companies
And taxes in the domestic market:
- Unified taxes on the domestic market at 15% for both corporates & local resident individuals
Tax holidays for domestic companies licenced under some specific schemes such as the Freeport Development Act, etc.